Tuesday, May 22, 2007

One less deer belonging to King Rich Leopold

After attending meetings in town last night, my folks were headed back to their farm when a deer decided to commit suicide on their Buick. According to Pa Gunzy, the deer hit the right side of the car, flew up 4 feet into the air, and landed on the shoulder. It damaged the right side light and hood. Fortunately, the folks were not injured.

If you wonder where my dry sense of humor comes from, here are father's comments in an email I got from him:

If the DNR officer lived in Humeston and when I come over with the (John Deere) 4020 tomorrow, I would deliver the state's livestock on to his driveway and let him dispose of it. I wonder if anyone has ever done that. Maybe the victims should all take the dead deer to Des Moines to the DNR parking lot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara B said...

I find this very entertaining as I work for the conservation part of the USDA and was just visiting with two of my wildlife buddies in the IDNR!

12:22 PM, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home