Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cost per vote at the straw poll

It appears that Huckabee had the lowest cost per vote at the Straw Poll yesterday, at around $58/vote, according to this article. His nearest competitor, Sam Brownback, spent almost three times that amount to get his votes. And, Romney eclipsed all of them at over $440/vote, maybe more, as his team has not released the amount they spent at the event.

So, maybe I shouldn't complain about the small tent and lack of t-shirts at Camp Huckabee. It shows me they have a team that uses money wisely. Sounds like a team I'd want to have in the White House directing the budget, wouldn't you?

The article claims that Romney probably had the greatest cost per vote. I would disagree and say that John Cox has that position. I don't know what Cox spent, but lets say it was around $50K, possibly more (I don't know what it cost a candidate for just the space). He got 41 votes. That's $1219 per vote. Ouch! Heck, I'm wearing one of his t-shirts right now, worth, say, $10 (I got it for free), and he received no vote from me. Not a good return on investment, Mr CPA.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider the cost to the Republican Partyof Iowa to put on this show and no one drew 5000 votes. This was billed as a big show. The national media came and there was no show. Tell me any one had a victory.

5:37 AM, August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home