Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The moose are to blame!

According to Norwegian technical university research, a grown moose in Norway produces 2100 kilograms of carbon dioxide a year through its belching and farting. In more common units, that's about 4600 lbs of CO2. How this was determined is not listed, but I bet it wasn't a fun job - probably some grad student had to do it to write his thesis.

To offset the carbon footprint of these gastronomic impaired beasts, I'd have to plant at least two acres of no-till corn for each grown moose. Of course, that no-till corn will be made into Earth-saving, life-giving ethanol and DDGS (nevermind the CO2 release from the plant).

So there it is: The moose are to blame for our ills. Liquidate the moose, and life will be peachy.

But what if they drove Prius? (What's the plural of Prius, anyway)? If they drove them over 100 mph, like the co-founder of Apple did, then I'm sure their carbon footprint would be bigger than the tundra-pies they leave behind.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A moose once bit my sister.

10:43 AM, August 24, 2007  
Blogger bgunzy said...

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

My moose can mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms, too.

7:26 AM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger ljc said...

While driving toward Ely, MInnesota years ago in my Ford Pinto I almost collided with a great big old girl moosie walking across the road. Don't know if Ma Bullwinkle was making methane at the time, but it was an interesting experience.

11:14 PM, August 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So whay might the carbon footprint of a DNR deer be?

Put a bounty on these road rats!!!

2:23 PM, August 27, 2007  
Blogger Stephen R. Maloney said...

On my own blog today (August 27, 2007 at http://camp2008victorya.blogspot.com, I offer some good advice to Gov. Huckabee on how he can advance his standing in the race for the Republican nomination and the presidency. I'd love to hear your comments (and get your support for my suggestions). Thanks.

steve maloney
ambridge, pa
national coordinating team Palin 4 VP

2:27 PM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wife and I were driving from Thunder Bay (eh?) to Duluth when a crazed moose ran into the side of our car. It caved in the front right fender and right door and scared the P** out of my wife.
The animal was knocked back into the ditch but got up and just stood there.
I got out and concluded we could keep going; the fender wasn't hitting the tire. It was almost $1,000 damage. Everyone told us we were lucky because it was a small one...

8:38 PM, August 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home