Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fast Food Nation


The Coalition to Support Iowa Farmers (CSIF) has a note about the upcoming film portrayal of the book called "Fast Food Nation," by Eric Schlosser.

I read this book a few years ago while I was in B-school for a class I was taking. To be honest, I don't think Schlosser was very far off the mark when he wrote the book. Meat packing is a nasty dirty business that very dangerous and pays relatively little to its workers. It is low margin, high capacity work. That's unfortunate, because there used to be a lot more smaller packing plants out there that paid decent wages.

It should be interesting to see how this film is made, and if it deviates off into some sort of anti-agriculture rant rather than simply a spotlight on one of our industry's rather seemly corners.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Publican said...

I'll definately check it out.

Did you see Super Size Me? If not, I highly reccomend that.

3:18 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger bgunzy said...

No, didn't get a chance, but I've heard about it. I shudder to think what that guy did to his body by going 30 days on McDonalds only!

5:14 PM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home