Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm an orchestra nerd...

or at least someone else with my name is...but don't rule me out just yet.

I signed up for Google Alerts, which tells me via email when Google finds a document with my name in it. I got this link recently.

I'll skip to the good stuff:

Robert Gunzenhauser, a fifteen year old freshman at Palos Verdes High School, gave a short talk on Mendelssohn's "Hebrides" Oveture. He compared the changing moods in the music to the changing moods of the ocean and resemblance of parts of the music to the pitter-patter of rain and the eventual build-up into a roar of brass instruments playing the thunder and lightning. He involved the audience by asking questions about their knowledge of different composers. A violin student of Elmer Su (a BCSA soloist in our March 2006 concert), Robert also participates in cross-country and the school orchestra.

Now, if Google Alerts had been around back in my day, it would have found something like this:

Robert Gunzenhauser, a fifteen year old freshman at Mormon Trail High School, gave a short talk on John Deere's upcoming release of the Maximizer series of combines. He compared how the older models had engines in the front while the new models have engines in the rear. Harvest capacity is greatly increased with the 9400, 9500, and 9600 models. He involved the audience by asking them which was their favorite combine and why. Robert also participates in 4-H and raises pigs.

Combines, Ford Mustangs, computers, and pigs were about the deepest thoughts I was having when I was 15...and girls. This alter ego of mine must have a really big brain...or a really sheltered life.

By the way, I want to give a shout out to Windy - good luck on your emergency lobotomy surgery - maybe this will bring you back down to the intelligence level of us mere mortals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mango said...

I think you should ask your lost twin how the French pronounce viola (when referring to the musical instrument.)

5:15 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home