Thursday, May 31, 2007

More misspellings

While coming out of the bank today I noticed a "For Sale" ad for a 3 wheeled bicycle (tricycle, maybe?). It listed a reason why the owner is selling. This is verbatim:

Owner is to lazy to ride.

The owner must be too lazy to put the extra "0" on the first "to", as well.

Now, this is not an indictment of southern Iowa, the school system, or anything inherent to the region; it could happen anywhere. Just pointing out something that is rather ironic and humorous at the same time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cargill is spelled with two l's!!

9:56 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger bgunzy said...

Ha! You got me! :)

7:27 AM, June 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a guy in my office that loved apostrophes. Virtually every word with an "s" ending was married to the rest of the word with an apostrophe. At a convention, this guy made up the signs for our booth and, sure enough, it was loaded up with 's and s'.
I think he may still be doing it in his retirement.

9:19 AM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger bgunzy said...

Years ago I was a contract crop scout for Rolling Hills Farm Service. The first day I went to the Indianola office, I noticed how the name was spelled above the front door:

ROLLING HILL'S FARM SERVICE

5:04 PM, June 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home