Thursday, September 06, 2007

Find your candidate

I found this over at State 29. It's suppose to help you find your presidential candidate by matching your preferences on hot-button topics to the supposed leanings of the various lemmings.

Who did the calculator say was my candidate? Ron Paul, at a 77.61% match.

Tom Tancredo was second at 73.13%. Next was Brownback at 72.39%, and my chosen favorite Mike Huckabee at 69.40%.

Chris Dodd was the lowest at 20.9%, next to Edwards, Hillary, and Richardson.

What is funny about Ron Paul being my "top" choice is that after I came back from the Straw Poll, I told my 4 year old son about going around to the different candidate's tents. We reworked it into a story where he would drive his battery powered JD Gator around to the tents to visit the candidates. However, it has since morphed into Ron Paul chasing Graydon in Paul's own Gator, and not just at the straw poll, but around the farm and in the town park! I have no idea why he thinks that Ron Paul is out to get him, but he does!

Anyway, take the test and see who is your "favorite" candidate, and post. That means you, Richman!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine was Ron Paul at something over 80 something % with Tancredo and Hunter bringing up the rear.

It's fairly correct I guess. I'm re-registering as a Republican for the first time in years just so I can vote for Paul in the Primary.

The absolute HATRED, and I do mean HATRED, that the movers and shakers and party operatives have for Ron Paul is absolutely extraordinary. People I've talked to that have worked in the RNC for decades, on the national level, have said they are astounded by it even the ones that dislike him themselves. One said it pales in comparison the hatred that some had for Patrick Buchanan back in the day. By the way the same people say fundraising is as bad as they've ever seen it.

10:59 PM, September 06, 2007  
Blogger Mango said...

Test worked perfectly for me--100% Mike Gravel. I left all the importance settings at medium.

Have you tried this two axis/two dimension grid to chart your politics? Here's how both parties' candidates charted:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/usprimaries2007

It's quite a bit more expansive than a single dimension left/right line.

1:28 AM, September 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine came up 80% Mitt, (Ugg) followed by 79% Fred and 75% McCain.

The problem I have with Ron is he's been on the Alex Jones show a little too much. I'm not saying he's a Truther... but he's at least using them. :-)

9:46 AM, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home