Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The "kicked out of band" story

OK, since you want to know, here's the story about me getting kicked out of band in high school.

It was the fall of 1988. I was a sophomore. Not only was I in band, but I was a football manager with my cousin E.

So, homecoming comes around. Band director wants us to march in the homecoming parade. We decide to hop on the football team float, instead. No big deal, right?

Apparantly this ticked off the band director so much that when we went to get our instruments near half time of the game, he told us we wouldn't need them, because we were kicked out of band.

He also wanted to give us F's for the semester for doing so.

Fortunately, it got changed to "I" for Incomplete.

So, no more marching around in wet grass, no more wearing ugly uniforms, no more getting yelled at.

I think we came out ahead.

E, you can reply if I got the story wrong.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

So if that was today, knowing what you know now,, what would you do???

8:30 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger bgunzy said...

I would have dropped band at the beginning of the semester. I was getting tired of it; although I did like playing trumpet, the band director was a bit too zealous, IMHO.

7:37 AM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a trouble maker!

2:48 PM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger bgunzy said...

That same year I got after school detention for throwing a piece of wood at a kid in shop class.

He just didn't know when to shut up.

Well, that admission just shot my chances for president.

6:20 PM, December 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home