Sunday, January 27, 2008

DM Register hit job on distillers grains

NOTE: I sell distillers' grains from ethanol plants, so I might be a bit biased.

So, Phil Brasher of the Des Moines RedStar's Washington Bureau writes a nice little hit piece on a potential link between E. Coli and feeding distillers grain.

Yawn. We've known about this for a few months, Phil. Get up to speed, will ya? K State found some potential correlation, while Nebraska's tests were inconclusive. More research is needed before we can start saying that distillers is the problem. There are many other factors that cause E Coli, so let's not get everyone upset over something that hasn't been proven yet.

Do I want to sell something to my customers that will give their cows/calves E Coli? Heck no, so I am watching this closely. But Brasher comes off like another drive-by-media type, throwing a hand grenade into a crowd and driving off.

OK, so maybe I'm a bit bitter about when Brasher featured me in an article a couple of years ago. I spoke to him about farm payments, and when what I told him didn't fit his pre-conceived agenda, he picked apart my words and made it appear I supported his line of thinking.

Eh, what can you expect from the RedStar.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That e-coli and other food born pathogens couldn't be caused by the meatpackers importing hordes of unsanitary third world denizens with hit and miss personal hygiene to work as slave labor in their meat packing plants now can it? Naw. Couldn't be.

You can bet Phil Brasher and the legacy media won't be talking about that. Nope.

12:52 AM, January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home