Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Arrgh! Another Bob Gunzenhauser!

Well, I knew about this one, but natural events have brought him to the surface.

Here's the image from today's DM Register:
HARRY BAUMERT/THE REGISTER
Bob Gunzenhauser and his daughter, Greta, 8, unload a pickup load of firewood at their Marengo home on Monday. A wood-burning stove provided heat for the family after the town lost electricity on Saturday. Power was restored on Monday afternoon.

Bob is the assistant police chief of Marengo. I've never met him, but I thought up a funny way to introduce myself - but it involves starting a criminal record. I'd go into town, dressed as a police officer, and pass myself off as Assistant Chief Bob Gunzenhauser. They'd arrest me, of course, and find out that I am Bob Gunzenhauser. The paper would report that Bob Gunzenhauser was arrested by Bob Gunzenhauser for impersonating a police officer.

The logic of that statement almost deserves a Twilight Zone episode.

I believe Greta's story is also interesting - I can't find a copy of the article, but Bob's wife was due with Greta (or another child) and couldn't make it to the hospital in time, so she delivered the child in the home's bathtub. Everything turned out OK.

Anyway, if anyone knows Bob, tell him "hi" and good luck on getting through the ice storm. And I'll make sure to speed through Marengo the next time I'm there...or maybe not.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw that picture in the Register, my first thought was "Marengo? Bob doesn't live in Marengo you idiots!"

9:55 AM, March 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do it, I'll post bail for you.

10:35 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Mango said...

Gunzy,

Have you got a (disposable) public email address I can send interesting information to? I've got some stuff you might enjoy reading or commenting on.

Mango
remerk@sbcglobal.net

3:06 AM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Jeremie Jordan said...

Hey isn't it time for another post?

Get to work, Monkey!

7:23 AM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home